Thursday, January 29, 2009

Gran Torino---Ethnic Slurs Anyone?

I totally loved Gran Torino, and not just because it quadrupled my vocabulary of racial insults.
I loved it because it made a strong comment on the crappiness of the kids being raised these days.

I mean, look at me?! What the heck has happened to young people today?!

If you've watched the trailer and think that you know what this movie is about and that you already know what happens in this movie YOU ARE WRONG.

This movie is full of depth, meaning, morals, and heart.

And Clint Eastwood is at his best, believe me.

The only thing this movie lacked was war flashbacks. Eastwood kept referring to killing Koreans and using their bodies as sand-bags, but they never flash back and I wanted to see a young Eastwood killing people.

I can't tell you my feelings on the ending though---not without giving too much away.

But yeah, if you are the type who likes to be offended when races other than your own are insulted then you shouldn't see this, cause EVERY race in the book gets the EASTWOOD SMACK-DOWN!

Seriously, my vocab quadrupled. I can't even remember what all I learned.

-MovieKnight

No comments: