Monday, October 27, 2008

The Eye--A Different Kind of Horror

I really enjoyed The Eye. I watched it in my basement with my bro-in-law and we both got scared by it. Him more than me... honest!
That's really what a horror-movie review is about right? Did it scare me?
Yeah, there was some scariness. My bro was more scared than me, and of course theres the mandatory shower scene with Jessica Alba (Something she should include in more movies) that was a nice intermission to the terror.
I did enjoy this movie, but it's really a horror movie for people who scare easy and don't want to pee their pants. For me, the plot and suspense far out-weighed the terror. I was hoping to freak out, jump out of my skin, and I only did that once or twice.
The plot was very cool, different in many ways. I liked following Alba around as she tried to get a handle on what was going on.
It was cool seeing Alessandro Nivola again too. I hadn't seen him in a movie since Jurassic Park III (SUCKED!) and Face/Off (AWESOME!!!). He started out in the typical horror movie role of the guy who thinks the victim is crazy and seeing things (There has to be one in every horror movie). By the end he kicked butt.
I really liked the ending of Eye too. It was different from other horror movies. That's all I'll say about that.
So yeah, good movie.
Something a group of friends could either enjoy, scream, or laugh at together.

-MovieKnight

PS--If they ever make a sequel it will suck. You hear that Lionsgate? NO SEQUEL.
Random but true.

No comments: