Friday, October 31, 2008

Get Smart--and SEE THIS MOVIE!

Now that I've seen this movie 3 or 4 times I think I know enough to write a blog about it.
I had low expectations the first time I saw it.
I highly recommend having lower expectations ANY time you see a movie cause it's always better that way.
Anywho, I laughed like crazy the whole way through.
The casting was dead-on almost all throughout. The man who played the President of the US (James Caan) was mediocre. Beyond his "eh" performance everyone was great.
This movie had:

Steve Carrell
Anne Hathaway
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Alan Arkin (histerical)
Terence Stamp (leader of "Chaos")
Terry Crews
David Koechner
Masi Oka (Hiro from the show "Heroes")
Dalip Singh (WWE's giant wrestler)
and brief appearances by
BILL MURRAY!!!
and
PATRICK WARBURTON!!!!!

The plot was a little better than you'd expect from a slap-stick comedy, but it's also not important.
You need to know that this movie IS FUNNY and it's worth seeing.
Steve Carrell's best performance I've seen.
Anne Hathaway is HOT, and was in a scene similar to a popular scene in Entrapment... You know the Catherine Zeta Jones scene I'm talking about.

-MovieKnight

No comments: