Saturday, November 29, 2008

Australia---Jackman's Sexy Shower

OK, so, I saw Australia in theaters Thanksgiving day and then went to the store and saw Jackman on People magazine's cover as "Sexiest Man Alive!" and immediately made the connection.
Aside from the completely out-of-the-ordinary, bucket-of-water, slow-motion, un-asked-for shower scene with Jackman, I totally loved this movie. I got all weepy and crap a few times, stupid allergies...
My small complaint would be regarding the lack of a continuous theme, or a main theme for that matter. Sure, the story flowed and everything was connected, but I was left wondering what Baz (Director of Moulin Rouge and Romeo and Juliet) wanted me to take away from his masterful film. What was the moral? You can't tell me that the creator of the Red Curtain Trilogy made Australia without a moral in mind.

I was also glad to see the Australia club starring in the film. Hugh Jackman (Wolverine and the best Curly in Oklahoma I've ever seen), Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge, The Golden Compass, The Invasion), David Wenham (300, Van Helsing--also with Hugh Jackman--, and Faramir from The Lord of the Rings) , and Jack Thompson (Original Sin and Leatherheads).
Honestly, pretty much the whole cast was from Australia, even King George.

I'm glad I got to see this movie, and Baz has proved once again that he is a masterful and diverse director.

But seriously, Wolverine's borderline Chippendales shower scene??? At least he had his jeans on...

-MovieKnight

No comments: