Friday, November 7, 2008

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans---Can't Wait...

Of Course this film hasn't come out yet.
I just wanna say how totally and completely happy I am that it's coming out at all.

Thank you Lakeshore International for answering all of my wishes and making this highly anticipated, fervently prayed-for, extremely looked-forward-to final trilogy installment.

The first one is one of my favorite films. I wondered what happened next, and how did the Lycans rise?
The second one disappointed, but showed me what kick-butt stuff happened next. It left me still wanting a prequel about how the Lycans rose...
This third one will be the prequel to end all prequels.

Rise of the Lycans seems to maintain the successful, fitting and dramatic directorial style of the first two.
It uses the same blues and dark shades that made the first two such feasts for the eyes.
And it's always difficult to make a prequel with stars who are 6 years older than they were when the first one came out.

It's also hard to resist the temptation to make the characters from the past have better technology than their descendants in the future...
Oh wait, no, that's stupid... who does THAT?

I wanna watch Quantum of Solace next week and then fast-forward to January 23rd so I can watch Underworld III.
And I want to go up to Rhona Mitra and tell her she's the new Robin Wright...
Random but true.

-MovieKnight

No comments: