Friday, November 7, 2008

Skinwalkers---Werewolves Killin' Eachother

The credits for Skinwalkers aren't even half finished and I'm writing this.
I'm always skeptical of PG-13 horror movies, even after being scared witless by The Ring and The Grudge. I've always thought that a good horror movie should be rated R.
Skinwalkers wasn't supposed to be a horror movie though (despite the freaky cover art which was why I even gave this film a chance) as much as it is supposed to be a thriller.

-----SIDENOTE:
What the hell is a "thriller"?
Lets ask the Bible, aka, merriam-webster.com---
Thriller: a work of fiction or drama designed to hold the interest by the use of a high degree of intrigue, adventure, or suspense.
End of SIDENOTE-----

I don't have much bad to say about Skinwalkers. It was a very well-done, well-cast thriller.
The acting was good sometimes and bad at other times, given the potential in this movie for intensity and dramatics. The characters frequently seemed to underplay what was happening to them.
It was good to see Ninja Turtles' hero Casey Jones (Elias Koteas) back in action though. He's a fav of mine...I'm bias towards friends of the Turtles...

The film brilliantly featured hotties Rhona Mitra (Doomsday star and star of upcoming Underworld :Rise of the Lycans), Natassia Malthe (from such instant classics as Bloodrayne II: Deliverance, DOA:Dead or Alive, and Elektra), and Sarah Carter (Final Destination II, DOA, and TV's Shark).

I also enjoyed watching TV's Sons of Anarchy star Kim Coates (not hot, Kim is a dude) packin' heat.

The rest of the cast were blackhorse, to me at least.

Oh and did I mention Skinwalkers is about werewolves and that vamps have NOTHING to do with it?
That's good to know cause I'm a huge vamp fan and the Skinwalkers' cover grabbed my interest. Wouldn't want ya to get confused like me.
No vamps in this film.
---Sorry Twilight fans. You still gotta wait 'til Nov 21st like the rest of us.

I recommend this movie, I liked it, but I can see others maybe not liking it. Something was missing. I never found myself rooting for the good guys, and it's important to get viewers behind ya on that...
I was more curious to see how it ended than I was hoping that good would prevail.
'Course, I'm a heartless bastard so what would I know?

Skinwalkers.
Werewolves killing each other.
'Nuf said right?

-MovieKnight

No comments: