Friday, November 7, 2008

Revolver---Original, yet, Predictable

I'm a huge Jason Statham fan, can't lie, so I'll try not to be biased.

I just checked, and this movie was made in 2005... so why was it on Blockbuster's New Release wall?
Either way I watched it and liked it a lot.
It had plenty of action, surprises, and enough plot to confuse a...lesser individual.

The film did try to be artsy farsty a few times, and that's not the kind of thing Revolver fans would be particularly looking for. The artsy parts left me rolling my eyes going, "OK, I get it, there's depth, there's depth, now SOMEBODY SHOOT SOMEBODY!!!"

Ray Liotta was great too. His character was unbelievable though, only because he was so incompetent and, yet, manages to be rich, powerful, and feared...most of the time.
Maybe that ISN'T so unbelievable...

I'm proud of myself that I predicted the ending too. I won't give it away, but I will say that the ending left me with a feeling like I'd seen this ending before.

-MovieKnight

No comments: