Monday, November 10, 2008

Eagle Eye---Not Dumbed Down.

I had high expectations for Eagle Eye and they were exceeded.
I'm a big Shia LaBeouf fan, and I loved him in this movie.
I'm also a Michelle Monaghan (Mission Impossible: III, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang) fan, so this was a movie I'm surprised I didn't see sooner. She's a beautiful actress who still looks like an actual human being, instead of something plastic.

My only complaint is that sometimes the action scenes, namely the car pile-ups, were played out in ways that left me unable to follow them. I'd watch LaBeouf plow through a green light and cops behind him would suddenly start crashing and I'm sitting there going, "What happened? Did that cop hit something?"
Director D. J. Caruso needed to assemble those scenes better.
There was some really cool stuff in this film too.
I don't want to give too much away, but some of the scenes were very well choreographed.

Another thing I appreciate, something many film-makers are afraid to do, is that this movie doesn't "dumb things down" for you. If you aren't paying attention you will miss important, subtle little things and you won't know what's going on.
I always admire movies that aren't afraid to assume that I am intelligent.
I enjoy movies a lot more when I hear some 13-year-old punk behind me going, "I don't get it."
Ha ha, stupid punk. Go to college.

Eagle Eye.
Good, good movie.
Great for a date too.

-MovieKnight

No comments: